The purpose of the 33rd Judicial Circuit Juvenile Office is to provide prevention, intervention and protection services to children, families and the
The 33rd Circuit Juvenile Office’s values include:
- Access to Justice
- Due Process
- Expedition and Timeliness
- Equality, Fairness, and Integrity
- Independence and Accountability
- Public Trust and Confidence
Role of the Juvenile Office: An office having only special jurisdiction dealing with children under the age of seventeen in delinquency cases and under the age of eighteen in all other matters. It is a division of the Circuit Court. It is designed to provide protection, treatment
The Juvenile Office handles three types of cases: Status Offenses, Delinquency
- Status Offenses are offenses that are only offenses due to a person’s age. Examples of these offenses
are:Runaway, Truancy, Beyond Parental Control and Behavior Injurious to Self or Others.
- Delinquency offenses are violations of the criminal code of Missouri which are the same for adults. Examples of these offenses
are:violent offenses, property offenses, drug offenses, sexual offenses, offenses against public order, etc….Certain offenses committed by a juvenile can lead to prosecution under general law as an adult. For more information please see the attachment titled "Certification as an Adult" under the Forms tab.
- Child Abuse & Neglect are offenses committed by a parent, guardian or custodian against their child. These offenses include the following: Physical Abuse, Sexual Abuse, Emotional Abuse, Neglect Improper Care & Supervision, Educational Neglect
andNeglect – a child otherwise without proper care and custody. In the Juvenile Justice System in Missouri we strive for and work towards reunification with a parent, however, unfortunately sometimes that is not possible and parents rights to their child or children are terminated forever and children are placed up for adoption. For more information on Termination of Parental Rights please go to the Forms tab and click on the Termination of Parental Rights attachment.
The primary emphasis of the 33rd Circuit Juvenile Office is to always act in the best interest of the child which is also the child welfare policy of the State of Missouri.
805 N. Main
Sikeston, MO 63801
200 N. Main
Charleston, MO 63834
131 S. Winchester
Benton, MO 63736