The purpose of the 33rd Judicial Circuit Juvenile Office is to provide prevention, intervention and protection services to children, families and the
The 33rd Circuit Juvenile Office’s values include:
- Access to Justice
- Due Process
- Expedition and Timeliness
- Equality, Fairness, and Integrity
- Independence and Accountability
- Public Trust and Confidence
Role of the Juvenile Office: An office having only special jurisdiction dealing with children under the age of eighteen. It is a division of the Circuit Court. It is designed to provide protection, treatment
The Juvenile Office handles three types of cases: Status Offenses, Delinquency
- Status Offenses are offenses that are only offenses due to a person’s age. Examples of these offenses
are:Runaway, Truancy, Beyond Parental Control and Behavior Injurious to Self or Others.
- Delinquency offenses are violations of the criminal code of Missouri which are the same for adults. Examples of these offenses
are:violent offenses, property offenses, drug offenses, sexual offenses, offenses against public order, etc.
- Child Abuse & Neglect are offenses committed by a parent, guardian or custodian against their child. These offenses include the following: Physical Abuse, Sexual Abuse, Emotional Abuse, Neglect Improper Care & Supervision, Educational Neglect
andNeglect – a child otherwise without proper care and custody.
The primary emphasis of the 33rd Circuit Juvenile Office is to always act in the best interest of the child which is also the child welfare policy of the State of Missouri.
805 N. Main
Sikeston, MO 63801
200 N. Main
Charleston, MO 63834
131 S. Winchester
Benton, MO 63736